Stoney Creek Dental offers a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry options for any patient who is not satisfied with their smile. Whether you have chipped, crooked, stained or missing teeth, our dentists and hygienists can deliver a treatment plan, that will help you to look and feel your best.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Help You
The term cosmetic dentistry covers a wide range of dental treatments that are specifically meant to improve the appearance of your smile. Cosmetic dentistry can help you by:
- Straightening your teeth
- Closing or reducing gaps in your teeth
- Whitening your smile
- Improving the shape of your teeth
- Replacing one or more missing teeth
- Improving your self-confidence
Cosmetic dentistry treatments are determined by the dental health and unique needs of each patient. Treatments are safe and effective and many of them involve the same techniques as non-cosmetic dentistry. Among the many cosmetic dentistry treatments that we offer are:
- Teeth Whitening – If you love coffee and red wine – or if you have smoked in the past, your teeth may not be as white as you’d like them to be. Additionally, our teeth naturally darken as we age. If you would like to get back your bright and youthful smile, we can help.
- Dental Veneers – Are you looking to improve the appearance of minor imperfections such as gaps, chips, or slightly crooked teeth. Dental veneers are very thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth. Often those perfect Hollywood smiles that you see on TV are the result of veneers.
- Dental Implants – Implants are often the best option to replace missing teeth. They consist of a titanium “root” with a prosthetic tooth or crown. Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanent and they look and feel just like your own natural teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays – Porcelain dental inlays and onlays may be used for correct minor defects such as chips and deformities in your teeth. These thin pieces of porcelain are matched to the colour of your teeth so that no one except for you and your dentist will know they are there.
- Orthodontics – If your teeth are more seriously crooked, it may require orthodontics to correct your smile. At Stoney Creek Dental, we offer both Invisalign and traditional braces and would be happy to discuss which option will best meet your needs.
Are These Procedures Covered by my Health Insurance?
Procedures that are purely cosmetic – such as teeth whitening – are unlikely to be covered by your health plan, however, some procedures which also help restore or protect your dental health may be covered. For example, procedures that replace missing teeth such as implants or crowns; or orthodontic procedures to help straighten your teeth are often eligible for at least partial coverage. If you are unsure, we can check with your plan administrator for you.
Contact Stoney Creek Dental today
If you are looking for cosmetic dentistry in Stoney Creek, we’d be happy to help. Contact us today for an appointment with one of our dentists.